This morning I said goodbye to mystery bay, the site for On the Edge of the Shelf International Woodfire Conference and my home for the past 3 weeks. It’s been a pretty amazing run, strengthening existing friendships and creating new ones. 3 uninterrupted weeks of making work, firing, partying, swimming, watching the sun rise over the ocean, dancing, eating, and adventuring has left me physically exhausted but so emotionally and spiritually rejuvenated. Thank you so much to everyone who participated in this amazing event and made it what it was, something that touched me very deeply and something I will never forget. I am eternal gratefull to be a part of such an creative tribe of clay makers and community builders.

View on Instagram

This is Yanni. He’s one of the friends I made at the On the Edge of the Shelf International Woodfire Conference. We went on a safari with him to visit the monastery where his cousin is a monk and on the way back we went off the the beaten track and drove to the top of this massive rocky mountain. It was pretty epic. It’s amazing to me the moments you find yourself in sometimes and how hard they are to capture. The ‘you had to be there moments’. As we were crawling up this rocky outcropping in Yanni’s landcruiser listening to the Doors in Australia, I thought to myself ” man, this is awesome, and it is totally one of those moments” #community #adventure #australia #landcruiser

View on Instagram

My trip to Australia and the time I’ve spent at On the Edge of the Shelf International Woodfire Conference has been amazing and more than anything it’s the people I’m with that make it so special. It’s been an honor and a pleasure to share it with so many talent and inspired makers, especially the faces of this mob. Collectively the presenters at the conference represent 6 continents and over 700 years of making experience. I am constantly amazed by how open and generous the woodfire community is and it’s good to be a part of the tribe. #ontheedgeoftheshelf #ceramics #community #adventure #australia #woodfire #woodkiln

View on Instagram