It’s a tragedy when someone is taken so young and too early. I lost a friend, but my grief is nothing compared to what it feels like to lose a son, a husband, or a father. I’ve been thinking about this all day, trying to make sense of the senseless, and the only thing that gives me hope is seeing the way a community comes together in face of a tragedy. It’s a hard reminder, but a reminder non the less, life is short, do things that matter and the best things we have is each other. It’s our greatest asset. Community. RIP Miles Dryer. No hate in the 828. #memorial #community

View on Instagram

We had a very special visitor out at the firing this past week. Dan Finnegan taught the first class I ever attended at Penland School in 2002 and we’ve remained connected ever since. Even though we live apart and rarely see each other, I will always think of Dan as a mentor and role model . He is amongst the kindest and highest quality people I’ve ever met and a great potter on top of that. It was a great joy to have him out to see my landproject for the first time. #mentor #community #landproject #woodfire #woodkiln #kiln #danfinnegan #joshcopus

View on Instagram

@captainjoeyfun burning down the second chamber. My Madison county neighbor, River Arts District comrade, friend, and fellow potter Joey Sheehan has been a stalwart on my crew since the beginning, since the Temple was just a kiln surrounded by dirt and stinging nettles. #secondchamber #ceramics #bandofwoodfires #woodfire #woodkiln #kiln #burningitdown

View on Instagram