I’ve been working primarily with a wild clay dug from a local tobacco field for the past 10 years. A couple of years ago I dug 11 dump truck loads and moved them to my property, so I don’t go to the field much anymore. I did go there on Sunday and these are some pieces I made from the raw chunks of straight from the field. I see the little vessels as sketches or maquettes for future work. Responding to place and drawing influence directly from the environment. #vessel #ceramics #wildclay #joshcopus

View on Instagram

This was my day was yesterday. Shooting an episode of the Road Less Traveled for Land Rover and Conde Nast Traveler about digging wild clay, making pottery, firing wood burning kilns, and making your way through this world on the untrodden path. The journey is the destination. With @brynmooser @lastash @instapaja #landrover #theroadlesstraveled #ceramics #community

View on Instagram

With another big win today the Wedge Comets clinched the WNC 3A division little league championship. The kids took a victory lap to celebrate a great season of baseball. It made me smile. When I started coaching the Comets I thought I would be lucky just to remember everyone’s name, what actually happened was far more meaningful. I got to know the kids for who they are, what their personalities are like, and of course their strengths and weaknesses on the field. I grew to like all of them. #apotterslife #community #baseball #littleleague

View on Instagram