Another from the abandoned house exploration series in Floyd, Virginia with @gabswallington . My hometown of Floyd is a agrarian community that saw a large exodus of urban flight in the first part of the 20th century. Abandoned farmhouses from that era still fill the pastures and hollers of the landscape, serving as a reminder of the past and creating interesting places for exploration. #adventure #abandonedinvirginia

View on Instagram

I just bought this 91 Camry. It was previously owned by the wife of an Indian statistics professor at Virginia Tech and it’s only got 91k on it. And it has a sweet tape deck. It’s the most sensible automobile I’ve ever owned… By a long shot. I’ve got a lot of road trips planned in the next year and this is the car that makes them happen. #adventure #newcamry #adventuremachine

View on Instagram

Matt says “this cup makes me feel like a warrior on the battle field”. I love compliments like this. Basically the best feedback I ever get is when people say my work looks like it was in a shipwreck and someone dug it up a thousand years later. It makes me think “wow, you really get what I’m doing” #battlefieldwarrior #ceramics #rockcups @tittlehats

View on Instagram

Loading the Anagama kiln at UNCA with this guy, Hunter Stamps. Hunter built this kiln as an undergrad in 2000 and I was fortunate to be there for the first firing, which was also my first wood firing, and I’ve been hooked ever since. It’s the kiln that I learned on and still one of my all time favorites. Hunter is on sabbatical from teaching at UK and back in town to lead the firing. He’s always been a larger than life character, as this picture will attest. He’s also a great artist, teacher, true friend, and good drinking buddy. #hunterstamps #community @stampspottery @hunterstamps

View on Instagram

I’ve been in the game long enough to know that peeking into a dark kiln and pulling select pieces out of the side ports is no way to actually gauge the success of a firing… But I can’t help myself and I do it anyway. The initial returns of the side stoke snatch look promising. Unload tomorrow. #woodkilnpeek #woodfire #woodkiln #woodkilnunload #ceramics #joshcopus

View on Instagram