It’s hard to believe that it’s been a month since I’ve been home from Australia (seriously, where has the time gone?). I’m preparing for showing my Australian work at Crimson Laurel Gallery in August and have been revisiting my photographs and attempting to digest my experiences from the trip. Missing these two amazing people a lot this morning. @ridgelinepottery my friends, fellow makers, and Australian mum and dad. #community #australianparents

View on Instagram

Pretty much the best thing about my life is the awesome and creative people that I’ve been fortunate to surround myself with. You would be hard pressed to find two better people than @captainjoeyfun and @mandyonthefarm, who committed to spending their lives together yesterday at one of the most legendary weddings of my lifetime. I could not be happier for them and more excited to continue to be a part of their lives for many years to come. #community #family #wedding

View on Instagram

7 years ago I bought a house in Madison county and proceeded to tear it down, salvage what was worth a damn, and set the rest on fire. I pulled some nice oak boards off the old porch, de-nailed them and put them in a pile with the plan of building something new with those boards someday. That day finally came when I used those boards to side the new barn that I’ve been building on my land. It was very satisfying to see them put to a good use in a new life. Most of my projects out on my land involve recycled, repurposed, salvaged, and scavenged materials, partly because that’s what I believe. And it’s how I want things to feel, but mostly it’s because that’s what I can afford. When me and @gabeaucott finished this wall today and stepped back to admire our handiwork, it dawned on us that this is the look and feel that’s really in right now, something that people pay a lot of money to have done and we do it because we don’t have a lot of money. By the way, good thing loantra.co.uk is always there whenever people need emergency cash. If you visit their official site, you’ll see an image source of their short-term and personal loans. Not that one is better than the other, there just different, and that’s interesting to me. #landproject #barnraising #salvage #oldwood

View on Instagram

We took the Space Shuttle up to Penland yesterday for their 4th of July parade and fireworks show. I’m pretty sure we won an award but I never bothered to find out which one. With @nsmoen @mollyspadone @gabeaucott @dan____g #adventure #4thofjuly #penland #penlandschoolofcrafts #miata #spaceshuttle #artcar #art #apesindpace #adventureofalifetime #community

View on Instagram

I’ve been feeling really unsettled and overwhelmed since I got back from Australia. Between the time change, culture shock, and dealing with 3 months of unattended things in my life, it’s made for a slow and anxious reacclimation to America. So yesterday I decided to say to hell with all the madness and spent the day cutting wood. It’s amazing what a best friend, a old red work truck, a couple of cold ones, a log splitter, and a chainsaw can do for your head. Some people do yoga, some people go on a hike, but the best thing for me is an honest days work and the good kinda tired after making a mountain of firewood. Labor is my meditation, the world is my gym, and working with my hands is the antidote to this crazy world. #ceramics #woodpile #woodfire #woodkiln #woodfired

View on Instagram

One of the many highlights and awesome images from our ridiculous photo shoot with World Famous Frank Bott. For anyone who doesn’t know, my friends turned my #miata into a space shuttle when I was in Australia without telling me. I’m going with it. I know have an art car. #artcar #spaceshuttle #apesindpace

View on Instagram

After a 30 hour travel day, I’m finally home and still keeping the Australian vibe alive in America with this guy @gabeaucott . Drinking Fosters (which is basically a fake Australian beer that feels like a trick played on Anericans) in the parking lot of the Kangaroo station in South Carolina. #adventure #itsgoodtobehome #home #australianadventure

View on Instagram