I can’t get enough of this image right now.
It took me 12 years to manifest this vision.
From a kiln in a mud pit to this place in 50 firings.
I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of seeing this when I come to work in the morning.
#flowersandclay #joshcopus #joshcopuspottery #woodkiln #woodfiredceramics #woodfiredpottery

View on Instagram

I want to extend a huge expression of absolute gratitude to everyone who came out to Flowers and Clay this weekend and supported our family.
It means the world to us.
Thank you for sharing our passion and our place with us.
The event was a huge success because of you.
Without people who value and support what we make and grow, none of this would matter or be possible.
At the end the the day you are what matter most to us.
So thank you from the deepest part of our hearts for caring about and supporting our creative endeavors.
@carolinaflowrs and I love you to the moon and back!!!!!!!
#flowersandclay #itworked

View on Instagram

Flowers and Clay today from 10am-6pm!
I took exactly zero photos yesterday because I was so busy talking to all the folks I love.
It was bonkers!!
Thanks to everyone who came out and supported our family and our crazy creative life!
The farm tours were a hit.
The beer is cold and the pizza is delicious.
We’ve still got some great pottery left!!!!
The brick factory is open and there will be pottery demonstrations all day!!!
So many reasons to make the journey!!!!
#flowersandclay

View on Instagram

Our grand opening of Flowers and Clay is this weekend.
I’ve been working towards this day for 12 years and I’m really excited to share our place with the world.
Our dear friend and firing crew member @mattwegleitner and his new company @aerialasheville made this short video for us so you can see the whole compound from above.
We built a lot of barns for the pottery and farm equipment so it kinda looks like a lot of roofs from above. But I assure you it’s a pretty fascinating place once you get down in it.
Come on out and see for yourself.
With @carolinaflowrs
This weekend. 10-6. Both days!
#flowersandclay #landproject

View on Instagram

Our grand opening of Flowers and Clay is this weekend.
I’ve been working towards this day for 12 years and I’m really excited to share our place with the world.
Our dear friend and firing crew member @mattwegleitner and his new company @aerialasheville made this short video for us so you can see the whole compound from above.
We built a lot of barns for the pottery and farm equipment so it kinda looks like a lot of roofs from above. But I assure you it’s a pretty fascinating place once you get down in it.
Come on out and see for yourself.
This weekend. 10-6. Both days!
#flowersandclay #landproject

View on Instagram

Cleaning up the new work for this weekends grand opening of Flowers and Clay.
I unloaded the kiln weeks ago and immediately drive to teach at Arrowmont.
I barely got to look at anything.
Then our land flooded and since I’ve been back I’ve mostly just been doing landscaping and damage control…
Tonight is the first time I’ve really had to see any of the new pieces.
I think they are pretty good…
Come out this weekend and see for yourself.
All the info is at flowersandclay.com
#flowersandclay #woodfiredpottery #woodfiredceramics

View on Instagram

More thoughts from Arrowmont.
Bill Griffith is one of the best people in the world and he has a great collection of pots. A total highlight was having the whole class over to his house. We played “pot on the spot” where each student picked a pot from the collection and then we guessed who made it and then we all talked about it. It’s such a great learning opportunity. My class was pretty young so the majority of my students don’t know who folks like Michael Simon are… but they do know after seeing Bill demonstrate how well this teapot pours!
We also went swimming.
We fired the wood kiln (which was the plan) AND we fired the soda kiln which was a bonus.
Someone said that’s never been done in a class before, I don’t know if that true or not, but I do know that it’s a testament to how enthusiastic and engaged most of the students were.
We took an old tyme photo that is awesome. We also designed an airbrush class t-shirt.
People smiled, laughed, and made life long friends.
We really pushed hard to unload the kiln by Thursday so we could participate in the open studio event and have a whole day to discuss and practice cold working.
I made a really good friend Peter Park who makes guitars and we made bricks together.
It was exhausting but the students who really get it and become inspired make it all worth doing.
Thanks to @arrowmont_school for being a place where all this can happen.
#arrowmont_school #arrowmont #craftschoolexperience

View on Instagram