Wanna come be a part of something good?
We will be installing the bricks from the Old Marshall Jail Brick Project at the @centerforcraft Wednesday and Thursday the 10th and 11th from 9-6.
If anyone is interested in coming to volunteer, we might could use a couple extra sets of hands.
Please message me if your down for the cause.
#buildingcommunityproject #oldmarshalljailbrickproject #communitybrick #communitybrickproject #monument #bighousebrickcompany #bighousebricks #communitybrickfactory

View on Instagram

We moved all the bricks last week to the Center for Craft, Creativity and Design for the upcoming exhibition.
Scaled Up opens February 19th and features the work of 10 makers who received the Windgate Project Grant.
We will be showing all the bricks that have been fired to date, which is about 1500 of them!
We are cooking up something really exciting for this installation. Stay tuned!
And check out the @centerforcraft
Many thanks to our fabulous assistant @anagamax for helping me to lung all the heavy stuff around.
#buildingcommunityproject #oldmarshalljailbrickproject #communitybrick #communitybrickproject #centerforcraftcreativityanddesign #centerforcraft #windgateprojectgrant

View on Instagram

Sunday morning backgammon by the woodstove with my love.
We’ve been do our best to hibernate some this winter. Recuperating from this past year and recharging for the next.
The woodstove has been helping. Last winter was our first in the new house and we didn’t have time to install a woodstove. It was tough. Paying all that money for propane was brutal but not having a fire in the house really change the enjoyment level associated with winter.
It’s such an important part of the quality of life.
With @carolinaflowers_
#apotterslife #hibernation #woodstove

View on Instagram

Kids are the future.
Teaching the children of Madison County about wild clay and handmade bricks. From our time working with @mandyonthefarm and her Brush Creek Elementary School classes last week. Video by @carolinaflowers_
#buildingcommunityproject #communitybrick #communitybrickproject #oldmarshalljailbrickproject #communitybrickfactory #communitybrick #bighousebricks #bighousebrickcompany

View on Instagram

We just wrapped up 5 days of making bricks with the kids at Madison Middle School and Brush Creek Elementary as a part of the school program for the Old Marshall Jail Brick Project. It warms my heart to see kids get so excited about mud and public art. Thinking about these kids coming to find their bricks in the monument that we build makes all the hard work worth it.
#buildingcommunityproject #oldmarshalljailbrickproject #bighousebrickcompany #bighousebricks #communitybrick #communitybrickproject #communitybrickfactory

View on Instagram