The beginning of the Bighouse Brick Company and the Old Marshall Jail Brick Project.
Keep posted for more information.
#bighousebricks #bighousebrickcompany #oldmarshalljailproject #oldmarshalljailbrickproject #buildingcommunity #buildingcommunityproject #buildingcommunitybrickproject #communitybrick

View on Instagram

I’m moving most of my posts about the old Marshall Jail to our new feed @oldmarshalljail but I couldn’t resist this one of legendary Sheriff Jesse James Bailey busting up stills in from of the jail during his term as Sheriff of Madison County from 1920-22.
Photo is courtesy of the good folks at the Liston B. Ramsey Center for Regional Studies at Mars Hill University.
#oldmarshalljail #oldmadisoncountyjail #oldmarshalljailproject #apotterslife #downtownmarshall #madisoncountync #marshallncforlife #marshallnc

View on Instagram

We started a new account specifically for the jail (@oldmarshalljail)… it’s gonna be a lot of images of the renovation… like this one of @carolinaflowers_ pulling out old electrical wires… but it will also be filled with interesting images of the buildings history and the people who spent time here (on both sides of the bars)
We think this project is unique and we want to share it with you. It seems best that it be it’s own thing or my feed is going to fill up with jail photos (cause it’s kinda the most exciting thing I’m doing right now). Check it out.
@oldmarshalljail
#oldmadisoncountyjail #oldmarshalljailproject #oldmarshalljail #madisoncountync #downtownmarshall #apotterslife

View on Instagram

Stripped down and taken back to the bones.
Our favorite room in the jail.
I’ve been working on the jail this week and the initial round of demolition is starting to come to and stopping point. All the bullshit and bad design choices of the 70’s are gone. Goodbye linoleum. See you never again wood paneling. Adios to all the drop ceiling.
The bones of this building are made out of things I love. Bricks. Concrete. Metal.
It’s good to see them revealed.
Also we started an gram account specifically for the jail so check it out if you interested in what we are doing and what to see more of the progress. @oldmarshalljail
#oldmarshalljailproject #oldmadisoncountyjail #downtownmarshall #apotterslife

View on Instagram